Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jason N. Reazin's 115th Dream

Hello and welcome to Reazin to Live Productions. Or at least a blog about it...

About 15 years ago, I discovered that my natural passion and talent for music is a great way to express myself. I decided to pursue a dream of creating (writing, performing, recording, engineering, and producing) music for a living. This vision has taken on many different forms over the years and has remained largely in my own mind, but since I've done about all I can do in private, it's time to take this dream public. No, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do this for a living, but it sure beats the heartache of keeping it bottled inside.

There's a few things you need to know before I begin:
*The purpose of this blog is for me to share how I am challenging myself to move forward with my dreams of creating music.
*I have a lot of soapboxes and I plan to use this blog to share my official positions on music-related themes.
*I tend to write stream-of-conscience. (i.e., what comes out was meant to be)
*I also have an interest in the technical side of sound engineering and musical instruments (specifically electric guitars and tube amps), so I may create a sister blog to address those interests in a more appropriate place.
*I think there was something else, but I managed to forget it...you know, the whole stream-of-conscience thing...

Before I close out this introduction, I'd like to share why I call this "Reazin to Live Productions." Aside from being a pun on my last name, this name helps to remind me that I have a Reason to live. I have struggled with depression and suicidal ideation in my younger years, but have found salvation, not in music, but in the blood of Jesus, the Messiah. He is my Reason to live and gives me my identity, despite my unrealized goals. My hope is that in the midst of songwriting, soapbox speeches, performing, producing, engineering, etc. etc. etc., the purpose and worship will be focused on my Lord and Savior. So be it.

So without further ado, I bid you adieu until we blog again.

1 comment: